Thursday, August 23, 2007

Long Time, No Blog!

heya peeps...

sooo sorry that I havent written in here for so long. somehow i just didnt feel like it.

a lot has happened in the past one month. namely that my parents left, i cut my hair short again, and that i am very nearly bankrupt. boo hoo....

this is the first time that i have ever become bankrupt. and its mainly 'coz i spent a lot on my cousins and my sister...so all for a good cause. my college call letter hasnt arrived yet. no worries though... management says i'm definitely in.

lately, i've been feeling lonely. i wish my friends were around. now i cant even call anyone because my call credit is very very low. bummer. thank God for the internet. i would be so outta touch otherwise. lol...

its funny how when i lie down to sleep, i get good topics to write about, but when i sit in front of the computer i cant think of a thing..... lol....

yesterday, Arun and I had a very nice chat. he also read my poems and I guess he really liked them. he even compared me to Arundhati Roy!! well, i never read AR, despite the fact that my Grandfather has the book... but still!! she did win the booker prize! (it WAS the Booker, right?) anyways....

i wish that i could fly. at least that way i could go whereever i wanted and nobody could control me... lol... but we all know that will never happen... anyways, it got me thinking of a poem i had written aroung 3 years ago... it goes like this...


THE RESTLESS SPIRIT
This day seems completely lacking
In a certain degree of slacking
O! woe to the tumbling tide
It cannot its pattern decide.
O! woe to the mechanical clock
Which cannot decipher tick from tock
O! woe to the swinging pendulum
It doesnt know peace from pandemonium
Doesnt it seem completely absurd
Confusion just isnt a word?
O! woe to the earth on its axis
It doesnt know death from taxes
(But what do humans know anyway?)
I'd take on Hercules any day...
I'm happy I'm not a puny ant
I wouldnt be able o even stop and pant
And what use is a whole lot of teaching?
Students dont listen to preaching!
How can the moon replace the sun
When it wasnt told to, by anyone?
Why do plants leap up from the ground
If only to die- wilted and bowed?
It's better I dont waste time and wonder
Why i cant sit still any longer...
its a bit immature. but i still kinda like it. i must have been in the 9th or 8th grade when i wrote this...dont really remember. anyways, i'll stop for the mo'. i gotta check out and print some info for my cousins. they have these projects and I have to do the research...

1 comment: