Friday, July 20, 2007

A Day With A Slight Difference

hola dear blog readers!

today is a special day for me. my dad is coming back from Riyadh. it will be the first time that i've seen him in 3 months. its unbelievable how time flies. i cant believe i've been here for almost four months and my mum and sis have been here for a whole month. and i havent done anything worthwhile or of note, except maybe start this blog. but since none of my family, except Yvonne, my sister(and she says she doesnt see the point of a blog), knows that i have one, i guess it doesnt really count. but i really enjoy this, nevertheless...

what else.... i guess u all know that the next Harry Potter book will be out tomorrow....i cant wait to get my hands on my copy. by this time tomorrow, i will probably be halfway through it! depending on what time i get it, of course. lol... reading has always been my first love. i guess i can honestly say that there is no better companion than a good book. and i expect this next book to be AWESOME, not just good. i have all the other HP books with the exception of Half-Blood Prince. dang it... i cant believe this book is gonna cost me nearly a thousand rupees... but i'm also getting 2 educatonal cd's with it. one Brittanica cd and one Oxford Talking Dictionary cd. i thought it would be useful for my sis. i really hope its worth it.

i talked to my uncle Dani today and i asked him what he was going to name the baby. after all, we cant just go around calling him 'the baby'. he told me he hadnt totally decided just yet but he would most probably name him Denzel. i'm psyched! i had actually thought about suggesting just that name to him, among a couple of others. another thing about me is that i like naming people. i have this strange affinity for cool, classic and christian names.

oh, before i forget... i want to thank my cousin Bobby for commenting on my previous blog. one thing i like about Bobby is that he's one of the very few people i know who can take my sarcasm and give it right back at me. for some very weird reason i cant stand people who are overly nice to me. i dont mean that i like rude, insensitive, snobby brats. but i just cant stand sugar-dripping. i hate it when a person is trying to be fake with me or lie to me. it really puts my guard up. usually when people are that nice to you, it means that they want something.

a lot of my friends are leaving to their respective colleges today. Beena's going to attend Vimla Women's College, Thrissur. Nimisha's off to NIT Nagpur, Geslin and Sharika are off to NIT Trichy and Shadia is gonna be at NIT, Allahabad. oh, and Anto and the other Dammamies who got into NIT Calicut are going too... thats quite a lot of people!

wow... so all the best, u guys... its been so awesome studyin with you or playing and chillin with y'all. what a ride we had together, eh? and now we're all going our separate directions, on different rides, hoping that we'll end up at the various destination we're aspiring to get to.

take care and God bless..
peace out..

ann

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HP-7 didn't live up to the hype...